[Fedora-xen] Problem building xen-3.2 on f8

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sat Jan 26 00:48:30 UTC 2008

Dustin Henning wrote:
> John,
> 	Are you trying to rebuild an F9 rpm as Dan suggests, or are you
> trying to build directly from the source tarball from xen.org?  I didn't
> think much of anything would build with the standard rpm configuration for
> Fedora (though I haven't run F8), so my first thought would be that you need
> to install some other rpms, but I can't really suggest which ones, if any of
> those required files don't exist on your system, you may be able to find out
> what needs installed to obtain them from a site like rpmfind.net.  If all of
> those files do exist, then I can't really tell you what those errors mean,
> but assuming you let the group know that you are trying to build from the
> xen.org source, then maybe someone else can help.  On the other hand, it may
> be that a difference in python versions available from F8 to F9 could still
> make a difference leaving you to wit for xen.org rpms for F8 or build a
> newer version of python manually as well.  Good luck with whatever you're
> trying,

I haven't seen Dan's reply yet, and might not if he's replied off-list.

I am trying to build the f9 rpm, the problem is the rpm's trying to
package files that don't get created (and I can't see any way they could
get created).

> 	Dustin

The packages there are unsuitable, I'm 64-bit. I'm continuing the search.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait