[Fedora-xen] F10 crystal ball gazing

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Sat Jul 5 10:39:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 22:24 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

> Given that xen is entering feature freeze for updated release ~August
> is it too early to ask what the *hopes* are for xen in fedora10?

There has been very little progress on the Dom0 pv_ops work of late, so
it's getting harder to imagine it being in shape for Fedora 10. Still
hope, for sure, but getting slimmer.

> xen 3.3.0 (or late rc) or is this still likely to be 3.2.1 or 3.2.2?

Not really important if there's no Dom0 kernel. If there is, we'll
definitely update.

> kernel 2.6.27(or late rc) with pv_ops for 32 and 64 bit, dom0 and domU?

I would expect our DomU kernel to continue tracking the bare-metal
kernel versions - so, yeah, 2.6.27 probably.

Jeremy Fitzhardinge sounds fairly confident of having much of x86_64
DomU ready for the 2.6.27 merge window. If that happens, our patch set
would be quite small and I'd imagine we'd enable CONFIG_XEN in the
bare-metal kernel and drop the kernel-xen package.

Cheers,
Mark.