[Fedora-xen] F10 crystal ball gazing

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Sat Jul 5 16:45:51 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 10:24:31PM +0100, Andy Burns wrote:
> Given that xen is entering feature freeze for updated release ~August
> is it too early to ask what the *hopes* are for xen in fedora10?
>
> xen 3.3.0 (or late rc) or is this still likely to be 3.2.1 or 3.2.2?

Even though we don't have any Dom0 I'll update it to 3.3.0 for the xen
RPM and hypervisor. This will at least let people build their own legacy
Xen kernel from upstream's 2.6.18 xen kernel if they're lucky enough to
have hardware which works with it.

> oVirt?

As far as most of the development work is concerned, oVirt is KVM based.
Hypervisors are really becoming comoditized and the interesting stuff is
occcurring in the management tools. As such oVirt development effort is
best spent on the management tools and not on porting to multiple differnt
hypervisors at this time.

> updates to libvirt/virt-manager as usual

Whatever the latest versions at time of freeze will be included.

Daniel