[Fedora-xen] F10 crystal ball gazing

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at web.de
Mon Jul 7 19:42:35 UTC 2008

Pasi Kärkkäinen schrieb:
> Hmm.. I thought there was 2 fulltime developers at redhat/fedora working with
> dom0 stuff.. mentioned in some other mail on this list.
>
> Is there some bigger problem with dom0 work?

As I understand it the whole paravirt_ops/Dom0 is pretty much a complete
rewrite of Xen's kernel part given the old 2.6.18 base and all the things to
work out with paravirt_ops (even without all the 'special' features like PCI
pass through etc).

Furthermore I guess that there is a lot of ground work to evolve the
paravirt_ops interfaces etc so that the new port does not need to much kernel
patching.

Given all the circumstances, two full-time developers aren't that many and
getting something in the mainline kernel is never easy...

fs