[Fedora-xen] Re: Motherboard to Experiment with Xen

Felix Schwarz felix.schwarz at web.de
Sat Jul 19 12:20:50 UTC 2008

Joseph Hesse schrieb:
> Can anyone recommend a motherboard to use to learn Linux
> virtualization?  Better yet, are there any to be avoided?

I never had problems getting Xen running on any decent hardware (it worked
even on a Compaq/Intel board with a P3). Most of my current hardware is
Dell-based but no problems their either.

Just look that the CPU/board/bios supports hardware virtualization. And if you
don't need special management tools, I would advise starting with KVM because
it has some advantages and it looks like Fedora won't have a functional Dom0
on a supported Fedora release in a few months.

fs