[Fedora-xen] Re: Testing LiveCD distros as guests?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Jul 26 17:01:45 UTC 2008

Philip Rhoades wrote:
> People,
>
> I want to test out a bunch of LiveCD distributions - is it possible to
> set these up as guests under Xen so I don't have to shut down my main
> machine?

If you have HVM, probably yes (although you might have better luck with
kvm), otherwise it requires paravirt support in the Live-CD, which moves
it to the "it depends" column.

I have done all my testing using KVM, due to the dubious state of xen
WRT FC{9,10}. And frankly I find it as easy to use unless I have a bunch
of VMs on a single host.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>