[Fedora-xen] Xenner: How to manage domains with virsh?

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon Jun 23 08:53:24 UTC 2008

Felix Schwarz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got xenner to run on Fedora 9. And so far it seems that it is able to
> run at least some of my paravirtualized guests which I created on
> Xen/Fedora 8.

Grab 0.37 from updates-testing, try again every guest, file bugs (or
drop me a note) if you still have guests which don't boot.

> Now the problem is how I can manage these domains using virsh? I can
> start a Xenner domain using "xenner (and bunch of options)". Everything
> seems to be fine.

> But "virsh list" does not show any active domains. So how can add the
> configuration to virsh so that I can do something like "virsh start
> mydomain"?

You must create a xml config file for them, look the format
documentation at libvirt.org and
/usr/share/doc/xenner-0.37/{libvirt,testinstall}.xml

It still has some rougth edges, some of them should go away with the
libvirt 0.4.3 release.

cheers,
  Gerd

--