[Fedora-xen] problems with f9 guest on f8 dom0

Dale Bewley dlbewley at lib.ucdavis.edu
Fri Jun 27 21:33:39 UTC 2008

> So, I restarted xend and now virt-manager shows the correct states and virsh
> list shows 'shut off' state. I'm on libvirt-0.4.2-1.fc8 and see there is an
> update. I'll test some more later and also try to confirm this is different
> from f8 domU behavior.

I updated to libvirt-0.4.3-1.fc8 and restarted libvirtd and
virt-manager.

I then started a f9 domU in virt-manager and shut it back down. That
left me with the following. Virt-manager still lists it as "Running" but
the CPU graph is blank.

# virsh list --all
 Id Name                 State
----------------------------------
...snip...
  - f9test               no state

# virsh start f9test
error: Domain is already active

# virsh console f9test
libvir: Xen Daemon error : GET operation failed: xend_get: error from
xen daemon:
libvir: Xen Daemon error : failed Xen syscall xenDaemonDomainDumpXMLByID
failed to find this domain 0

So, I installed a f8 domU with virt-install and then shut it down in
virt-manager. It acted the same way. Once shutdown, I can't do anything
with the domU in virt-manager or virsh until I restart xend. At which
time virt-manager display updates with the correct state for each
domain.

Enviro:
xen-3.1.2-2.fc8
libvirt-0.4.3-1.fc8
virt-manager-0.5.3-2.fc8
kernel-xen-2.6.21.7-3.fc8 x86_64

--
Dale Bewley - Unix Administrator - Shields Library - UC Davis
GPG: 0xB098A0F3 0D5A 9AEB 43F4 F84C 7EFD  1753 064D 2583 B098 A0F3