[Fedora-xen] xen to kvm migration question

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Jun 27 21:56:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

Although I was very happy with xen, it seems xen is losing out and kvm
is the way to go. I had two migration questions that I couldn't find
answers for.

1) Does kvm also run with para_virt (eg without VT capable cpu, but also
   just to be slightly more effecient). virt-manager only gave me a qemu
   option on my old amd64 cpu.

2) I boot all my xens using kernel+initrd outside a rootfs image, instead
   of a bootable virtual disk. Is that possible with kvm, or will I be
   stuck creating bootable disk images?

Paul