[Fedora-xen] Re: PCI passthrough

Andy Burns fedora.lists at burns.me.uk
Sat Jun 28 09:42:03 UTC 2008

2008/6/27 Andy Burns <fedora.lists at burns.me.uk>:

> I have an F8 dom0 (which could become a CentOS 5.2 dom0 if that would
> make anything easier) I'd like an F9 domU to have access to a PCI DVB
> tuner for a mythtv backend.

OK, I've re-read some old threads that I'd forgotten about, and
realised F9 hasn't got pci passthrough support.

So to change plan, will either F8 or CentOS5.2 domU's support pci
passthrough, on top of either F8 or CentOS5.2 dom0? Since this is a
home machine I'm inclined to stay on Fedora rather than shift it to
CentOS is possible, otherwise I don't get to play with new features.

I really hope Xen options are less restricted again for F10, I don't
intend this to sound like like a whine, I know people are working hard
on paravirt_ops, it's just that losing options is always hard to
swallow.