[Fedora-xen] xen to kvm migration question

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat Jun 28 15:23:38 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 01:02:46AM -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jun 2008, Avi Kivity wrote:
> > qemu provides -kernel and -initrd flags for this; however I don't know if
> > virt-manager supports this.
>
> So with kvm i am still using qemu?

Sort of.  KVM uses a fork of qemu, although the two code bases
seem to be regularly synched up.  Anyway, the command line arguments
are broadly similar.

Remember that virt-manager is using libvirt, and libvirt hides the
qemu command line behind a configuration file (and also hides any
differences): http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html

Rich.