[Fedora-xen] Cannot start HVM DomU

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Wed Mar 5 16:49:06 UTC 2008

This has newly started, so I am presuming that it is perhaps related to
some recently updated package on F8 in say the last week or so.

I have a WindowsXP DomU that when I try to start from virt-manager gives
the following error:

Error starting domain: virDomainCreate() failed POST operation failed:
(xend.err 'int argument required')

Details shows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/engine.py", line 472, in
run_domain
    vm.startup()
  File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 379, in
startup
    self.vm.create()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 240, in
create
    if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virDomainCreate() failed',
dom=self)
libvirtError: virDomainCreate() failed POST operation failed: (xend.err
'int argument required')

I have no idea what other information to supply or where to particularly
find it since this has generally "just worked" for the occasional
running of a Windows instance that I have needed for the last several
months.

Thanks for any help,

--Rob