Re: [Fedora-xen] no Virtualization support for creating VM's on PE840‏

Friedrich Clausen fred at derf.nl
Tue Mar 25 12:18:08 UTC 2008

You CPU stats seems to indicate "vmx" which implies that the CPU us capable
of running HVM hosts. So it is indeed a pity the BIOS does not let you
enable it (for now).

Which OS(s) do you want to run in virtual machines? If you want to run Linux
guests then you don't need to use the hardware VM features - you can run
them in a paravirtualised manner. This is how I run my Linux guests, I only
use HVM for windows or OSs that have not been modified to run in a
paravirtualised configuration.

Hope this helps!

Fred.