[Fedora-xen] Custom bridge script - how to setup two bridges?

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Thu May 8 02:19:32 UTC 2008

On May 7, 2008, at 19:16, Ask Bjørn Hansen wrote:

[ whoops - hit send too soon ]

Hi everyone,

The "best" custom network-bridge script I have come up with was:

#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" netdev=eth1 bridge=eth1
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" netdev=eth0 bridge=eth0

I'd prefer however to have the bridges called xenbr0 and xenbr1 -- but
when I try that I end up with half a bridge made and a "tmpbridge"
device.

For example with this script:

#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")

"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=1 bridge=xenbr1 netdev=eth1
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0

I end up with this:

[root at app1 ~]# /etc/xen/scripts/solfo-network-bridge start
Nothing to flush.
Waiting for peth1 to negotiate link...SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
Error for wireless request "Set Encode" (8B2A) :
     SET failed on device eth1 ; No such device.
SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device
Failed to bring up eth1.
Error: either "local" is duplicate, or "secondary" is a garbage.

[root at app1 ~]# brctl show
bridge name	bridge id		STP enabled	interfaces
tmpbridge		8000.000000000000	no
xenbr1		8000.0030488a53ef	no		peth1

Any ideas?   I'm (still) on Fedora 8.

  - ask