[Fedora-xen] Paravirtualization with Fedora 7 in Pentium IV

Gastón Keller gastonkeller at gmail.com
Thu May 15 02:05:48 UTC 2008

Hello, everybody. I'm planning to play with Xen (version 3.1.2) in a
machine with a Pentium IV and 2 GB of memory. Fedora 7 is the
installed OS (kernel 2.6.21-7.fc7xen), so I guess I'm going to use
Fedora 7 for guests as well (can I use Fedora 8 for guests?).

I'm considering using a second disk of 140 GB with LVM, in order to
change the disk space allocated to the guests in case I need to.

My next consideration is how to deal with the installation tree. I
think that downloading the files from a repository each time I want to
create a new guest would be kind of silly, so I'm considering the
suggestion in the Fedora7VirtQuickStart [0] of downloading it once and
making it available from the host OS through NFS... or maybe through
HTTP using a web server (this last option is just a sudden thought
without much evaluation of its value =P ).

Any suggestion or comment? I mean. I might be doing something stupid
due to my lack of experience. :)

Thanks,
Gaston

PS: I'm trying to give all the info possible, not that is actually needed.

[0] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Fedora7VirtQuickStart#head-546553e2f5a1e21d0ac1b65e0f641c3dc3e36cf4

--
La única verdad es la realidad.