[Fedora-xen] Beginner in Xen

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Thu Nov 6 18:09:24 UTC 2008

On Nov 5, 2008, at 10:49 PM, Dale Bewley wrote:

> If you're lucky, the upstream pv_ops work may be done soon after that
> time. That's what I'm crossing my fingers for. :)

I was roughly guessing February on that based on past release
schedules.  It would be swell if Fedora would at least handle f8
kernel security updates for its Xen users until then (everything else
can be moved into domU).  I think the solution now is to hope we
don't get pwned in the meantime.  That's pretty weak.

Say, is there a compatibility matrix between RHEL/Fedora dom0
versions and domU's somewhere?  I'm trying to move an f8 DomU to
Centos 5.2 Dom0, and not having luck yet.  I probably ought to verify
it's possible before spending too much time on it.

-Bill

-----
bill at bfccomputing.com		Cell: 603.252.2606
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/