[Fedora-xen] problems with f9 guest on f8 dom0

Matt Cowan cowan at bnl.gov
Mon Sep 22 14:25:13 UTC 2008

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008, Fred Brier wrote:
> Subject: Re: [Fedora-xen] problems with f9 guest on f8 dom0
>
> I am using 32 bit and have the same issue you were.  Did you ever solve the
> problem?  If so, how?  Or should I just run Fedora 8 domU(s).  Thank you.

Haven't solved it yet, and have been totally unable to usefully run f9 domU on an f8 dom0.

We can get an f9 domU to install and run, but once it's shutdown, dom0
needs a reboot for virt-install or virt-manager to function again,
which is basically useless except for testing.  'xm' seems to continue
funtioning fine.  Just tried again last week after installing the latest
round of xen related updates... still no luck.

Gonna try 64bit next, and if that doesn't work, centos dom0 :(
Is *anyone* out there running 32bit f8 dom0 and f9 domU without problems?!
-matt