[Fedora-xen] Configuring Xen on FC10

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Sun Apr 19 14:38:25 UTC 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 02:44:12PM -1000, Samir Selman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am working at Stanford on a research project and I have installed Fedora
> Core 10. Can someone help me on what are the steps to configure Xen on FC10.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0

Fedora 8 is currently the latest Fedora release to include dom0 capable kernel.

Xen utils/libraries/hypervisor is included in Fedora 9 and 10, and upcoming
11, but dom0 capable kernel is missing until dom0 support is added/included
into upstream (Linus) kernel.

Your options are:

- Use Fedora 8, or RHEL/CentOS 5.3 as your dom0
- Build custom dom0 kernel for your Fedora 10 (xenlinux 2.6.18 or pv_ops dom0)
- Use some of the pre-built pv_ops dom0 capable kernels, note they are experimental!
- Wait until dom0 capable kernel is back in Fedora (Fedora 12 or so..)

See fedora-xen mailinglist archives for more information.

-- Pasi