[Fedora-xen] Using virt-manager for managing KVM VMs running on CentOS 5

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Wed Aug 12 15:28:25 UTC 2009

Hi Everyone,

Can I use virt-manager from a Fedora 11 box to manage KVM VMs running on
a CentOS 5.3 host?  The CentOS 5.3 machine is running KVM and related
RPMs from a third party repo
(http://www.lfarkas.org/linux/packages/centos/5/x86_64/virt/RPMS/) .

I'm using TLS for the encryption.  I followed the TLS guide on the
libvirt.org website to create and install all the necessary certs and
keys.  I have libvirtd listening on the CentOS 5 box.  When I try to
connect to libvirtd with virt-manager from my Fedora 11 desktop, I see
the following error on the server:

error : qemudClientReadBuf:1554 : gnutls_record_recv: A TLS packet with
unexpected length was received.

So, that has me wondering if I can even connect to libvirtd on the
CentOS 5 box from Fedora 11 in the first place.

Regards,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu
Linux 2.6.27.29-170.2.78.fc10.x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux