[Fedora-xen] libvir: Xen error : Domain not found: xenUnifiedDomainLookupByID while virt-installing rawhide

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Wed Aug 19 20:48:54 UTC 2009

Hello again!

I'm running Fedora 11 with 2.6.31-rc6 pv_ops Xen dom0 kernel and Xen 3.4.1.
I'm able to succesfully install Fedora 11 and CentOS 5.3 PV guests with
virt-install.

I just tried installing Fedora rawhide (F12) guest with virt-install, and the
installation fails.

# virt-install --debug -n test3vm -r 512 --vcpus=1 -f /dev/vg_dom0test/test3vm
--vnc -p -l "ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os"

Log of the virt-install output available here:
http://pasik.reaktio.net/fedora/virt-install-log-rawhide-on-f11.txt

Basicly it creates the domain, but it fails to start:

# xm list

Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State  Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0   986     2      r-----  595.1
test3vm                                          512     1                0.0

and virt-install gives these errors:

libvir: Xen error : Domain not found: xenUnifiedDomainLookupByID
libvir: Xen error : Domain not found: xenUnifiedDomainLookupByName

Those are printed repeatedly over and over again.. until I cancel the
installation with ctrl+c.

Any ideas how to debug that?

Some more debug info ("xm list --long test3vm" and "xenstore-ls") available from here:
http://pasik.reaktio.net/fedora/virt-install-rawhide-on-f11-debuginfo.txt

-- Pasi