[Fedora-xen] Re: Dom0 Xen kernel RPM

Jan ONDREJ (SAL) ondrejj at salstar.sk
Thu Feb 12 08:28:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 07:28:02AM +0000, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 22:09 +0000, M A Young wrote:
> > On Wed, 11 Feb 2009, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>
> > > I wonder are you planning on doing these builds regularly? Would it help
> > > if you could do it as a branch in Fedora's pkgs CVS, build in koji and
> > > host a yum repo on fedorapeople.org?
> >
> > At the moment I am tracking it mainly for my own interest (and I don't
> > know how long that interest will last), but I could certainly try to get
> > it up onto a CVS branch (though I don't currently have a fedoraproject
> > login).
>
> Cool, well creating a Fedora account is easy:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join#Get_a_Fedora_Account
>
> Once you've done that and requested to be added to the packager group,
> let me know and I can sponsor you.
>
> After that we just need to get you commit ACLs and you're good to go.

I can help him to do this (I am an fedora packager), but there is no
functional 2.6.29+ kernel for dom0. Also M.A.Young's rpm can't be compiled
on my i686 machine (aha1542 driver should me disabled, before it will be
fixed).

I am planning to support Fedora 10 kernel in my repository, but I can't make
progress with current kernels (tryed to recompile CentOS kernel,
kernel-2.6.27+xen (by suse) and 2.6.29 from mercurial without any success.

> >  Howevere, it sounds from this post
> > http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-02/msg00333.html
> > that a fair proportion of the dom0 patches may go into 2.6.29.
>
>   "planning to get at least basic dom0 support into the next merge
>    window"
>
> That means 2.6.30 - the merge window for 2.6.29 is closed.

Right.

There is no new patches for dom0 in 2.6.29, because Jeremy is moving code
from mercurial to git, but it in the middle of this work.
I am trying to daily update from mercurial and seeing also git status, but
no change in mercurial aprox. 5 days ago ang git does not contain dom0.

			SAL