[Fedora-xen] Re: Dom0 Xen kernel RPM

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Sat Feb 14 18:08:01 UTC 2009

I tweaked a couple of configuration settings in my previous kernel to get
an i686 kernel to build (links below). I tried it and found two main
problems;
* the ATA driver is serious enough in this case to stop disk access
* when I booted off a USB image logging to a serial console, it booted
eventually, and from the way the cursor responded to the keyboard, I think
there was a login session on the monitor, but everything except the cursor
was blank (as if there was black text on a black screen), which might
point to an issue with the frame buffer console drivers.

I am also told that xend doesn't start for my kernels. This may be a real
problem, or it may be necessary to load the right modules before it will
start.

 	Michael Young

http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/~may/xen/kernel-2.6.29-0.41.rc2.pvops2342.2.fc10.src.rpm
http://compsoc.dur.ac.uk/~may/xen/kernel-PAE-2.6.29-0.41.rc2.pvops2342.2.fc10.i686.rpm