[Fedora-xen] Xen to KVM Migration - How to resize LVM Partisions using KVM

MOHAMMAD MATEEN ASLAM mateenaslam at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 14:23:01 UTC 2009

Hi, I am migrating from Xen to KVM. I have created a VM which is based on LVM (/dev/VolGroupV00/vm). I have installed FC-10 on VM with swap, / and /var partisions.

Now i want to resize my / and /var partisions. I have resized LVM (/dev/VolGroupV00/vm), how to resize inner partisions (/, /var) of LVM ?

Can anyone guide me how KVM deals with LVM and how to manage resizing in a painless way.

Regards
Mohammad Mateen