[Fedora-xen] Re: [Xen-users] NTP problem

Linux student mysublists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 12:51:04 UTC 2009

> I'm not sure everybody else here knows Fedora kernels by heart.  I
> don't, so you may want to give kernel versions for better support.
>
> But I suppose Fedora 10 uses a pvops domU kernel (2.6.26 or later),
> which has no built-in support for dom0 clock sync.  You have to use
> NTP or some other user space method for syncing the domU clock.
> --
> Feri.

According to xen docs "By default, the clocks in a Linux VM are synchronized to the clock
running on the control domain, and cannot be independently changed.
This mode is a convenient default, since only the control domain needs
to be running the NTP service to keep accurate time across all VMs."

So logically speaking it should be Dom0 kernel controlling time related tasks not the DomU ?