[Fedora-xen] New Fedora virtualization list: fedora-virt

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Jan 9 17:48:22 UTC 2009

On 2009-01-09 9:10 AM, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>    I think the current list would be a good place for people
> still using Fedora<= 8 with Xen, but it's just a suggestion:-)

Or in a couple months the people using Xen again with F10 (probably) right?

If you had decided to change this list's name I'd have had no
objections.  I can also subscribe to another list, make a new procmail
rule, and dump the messages from both lists into the same folder, but it
seems like a bunch of work replicated among n subscribers.  Unless the
goal is to keep down the noise from the Xen riff-raff for KVM folks. ;)

Just for perspective, I'm interested in virtualization and Xen currently
has the features I'm looking for; I'd guess other folks think similarly,
but that's an assumption.  For instance, if KVM reached a state where it
was a superset of Xen and had switch-worthy benefits that's something
I'd want to be reading about on this list.

That's all to say I'd vote not to have balkanized fedora virtualization
lists; if I need to jump through a few mailman hoops that's not a big
deal even if it's not ideal.

-Bill

Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/