[Fedora-xen] Migration from Xen to KVM

jean-Noël Chardron Jean-Noel.Chardron at dr15.cnrs.fr
Wed Jan 21 15:03:55 UTC 2009

Hello,

rjones at redhat.com wrotes about migration :

>Install a recent Linux kernel in the guest, adjust the configuration
>file[1], and reboot.  You only need Xenner if you want to run the Xen
>PV guest unchanged (ie. without installing a new guest kernel).
>
>Rich.

>[1] 'virsh edit domname', and edit the domain type, <os> and
><emulator> fields, as detailed here: http://libvirt.org/drvqemu.html

I tried an centos5.2 dom0 with a domu centos5.2
It is not trivial
the tools virsh and xm are not functional to start the domain
So how do you start the domu
As When I launch the command  : #qemu-kvm /etc/xen/domuAKVM
as domuAKVM is a new configuration file simply like the configuration of
the old xen domu

in the console the message is "Boot from hard disk failed : no bootable
disk"

So I have no more domU