[Fedora-xen] Goodbye Xen on RH/Fedora?

Dustin Henning Dustin.Henning at prd-inc.com
Wed Jan 21 18:34:48 UTC 2009

	I tried the Qumranet drivers before I went with Xen.  I don't think
there is necessarily a problem with the Qumranet drivers, in fact, they
could potentially have better inbound speeds than the GPLPV ones (though it
seems unlikely as much as people test and James works on them on the
xen-users list).  The reason the Qumranet drivers don't cut it is because
they are only network drivers.  This means your data access (and possibly
other stuff GPLPV hits) is still fully virtualized.  Another reason I went
with Xen is the PHY: option.  I use a physical data source, as opposed to a
file, for my guests.  Each one has its own HD, actually, though partitions
or RAID arrays would obviously work as well.  If I remember correctly, when
I tried this (some time ago), KVM had no such option.
	Dustin