[Fedora-xen] configuration files

Urs Golla urs.golla at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 08:12:34 UTC 2009

Hi Markus

Thanks for your reply!

> Because it's not XML.

That really explains a lot ;-)

I always assumed the "legacy" format from /etc/xen/mydomainconfig
(like in RHEL 5) is the native XEN syntax (I see this is not the
case.).  So, the xml format from libvirt is like a replacement for the
configuration in /etc/xen/mydomainconfig? But if I use virt-install
(e.g. in Fedora 8) to install a new machine, it does not create a file
/etc/xen/ and also no xml. All It does is creating the s-expression
file in /var/lib/.

Is there a documentation about the relation between all this different
XEN / libvirt configuration files? The architecture part of the
documentation on libvirt.org does not answer this question.

cheers