[fedora-virt] Re: [Fedora-xen] Re: Dom0 kernels

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Sun Mar 29 18:53:02 UTC 2009

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Jan ONDREJ (SAL) wrote:

> Thanks.
> You can avoid replacing your kernel by renaming name of your package.
> You can name it kernel-dom0 (can't be named kernel-xen, because this package
> was obsoleted) or something similar.

That might not be easy, given the way it is built.

> May be an f10 repository will be useful too. With all packages needed to run
> dom0 on Fedora 10.

I don't know how many packages you would actually need. For example X
doesn't work for me in Fedora 10 on one of my machines but does for F11.
However, it looks like the F10 2.6.29 development kernel tree has squashfs
3 patches to compile alongside squashfs 4, so I could probably make the
kernel a bit more F10 friendly.

 	Michael Young