[Fedora-xen] Dom0 Support in fc11.x86_64

Pasi Kärkkäinen pasik at iki.fi
Tue Oct 27 09:45:48 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 11:13:00PM +0000, Stephen Johnston wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have been lurking albeit lazily recently so please excuse me if this
> is a stupid question.  Does fc11.x86_64 support a Dom0 yet?
>
> Im quite happy to reinstall with a xen kernel if it does otherwise I am
> consider Solaris.

F11 (and upcoming F12) includes Xen hypervisor and tools, but no dom0
capable kernel.

For F11 you can install/compile dom0 kernel yourself, or if using F12
(rawhide) you can grab a pre-compiled dom0 kernel rpm.

F12/rawhide dom0 kernel rpms for testing:
http://fedorapeople.org/~myoung/dom0/

Fedora Xen dom0 status wiki page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/XenPvopsDom0

Upstream xen.org documentation about available dom0 kernels:
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenDom0Kernels

-- Pasi