[Fedora-xen] xen 3.4.1 + myoung x86_64 kernel

Boris Derzhavets bderzhavets at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 3 02:32:31 UTC 2009

  I didn't suggest to install Michael Young's kernel. You may build directly via J.F. Git Repo:-

# yum install mercurial gitk
# git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git linux-2.6-xen
# cd *-xen
# git checkout origin/rebase/master -b  rebase/master
# copy ../config-work  .config
# make
# make modules_install install

Pvops kernel 2.6.31-rc6 should be built and installed on system.
Working .config is attached (x86_64). No need run "make menuconfig"

However, i got it working with both kernel. Stack trace in dmesg output
of fedora's kernel seems to be harmless.

Clean install with right sequence of steps seems to be important. I was unable reinstall system once been built. Try to follow blog's steps one by one. Point of kernel build doesn't matter.

Boris.