[feedhenry-dev] Community/Project Info on our Server SDKs / Github issues ?

Matthias Wessendorf mwessend at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 10:36:21 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Gerard Ryan <gryan at redhat.com> wrote:

> Matthias Wessendorf <mwessend at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Now since the main issue tracker is the FH JIRA instance, should we
> disable
> > the Github issues on our Server SDK repos ?
> >
> > Disabling may help to avoid having two streams of issue trackers. Several
> > Red Hat project do the same: defaulting to JIRA, having no GH issues.
>
> I like the idea of keeping the GH issues more than removing them. Of
> course, those of us who already have an account at jboss.org will create
> jira issues there, but I think it's an unnecessary hurdle for someone to
> open an issue if they don't already have an account there.
>
> If there are bugs, I'd like people to be able to tell us about them in
> the easiest way possible; instead of potentially never hearing about
> them because we made it more difficult to create them.
>
> If people inside Red Hat need to have a corresponding jira issue for
> some traceability or something, then they can create that issue and link
> to the GH one (and link to the jira one from the GH issue also, if that
> makes sense).
>
> Does anyone share my opinion?

I see where you are coming from, but believe me, folks do abuse issues as a
mailing list or forum. That's also the "easiest way" to 'ask' questions.

These are reasons why lot's of Red Hat projects are not having them
enabled. I think we can leave them enabled, and shut them down when it
becomes more pain than use ?

-M

--
Project lead AeroGear.org