[feedhenry-dev] Reachability and FH.init

Wei Li weil at redhat.com
Tue Mar 8 20:43:00 UTC 2016

Hi Corinne,

I think the intention of this feature is that the developer doesn't need to
call init again if the initial init call is failed due to network issues.
Developer can continue use FH.cloud calls and the error callback will be
invoked if the init is failed again.

It is not a feature that will be used explicitly, and I think it is ok if
we want to change it. Just need to make it clear how reconnection should be
handled.

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 1:07 PM, Corinne Krych <corinnekrych at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello guys,
>
> Working on offline detection on the Swift FH SDK, I bumped into this
> behaviour: if FH.init fails due to offline mode (no Wifi or Cell
> connection) the failure callback is executed (as expected). As the
> connection is back, a FH.init with a null completion handle is executed
> again (silently).
>
> See
> - for iOS:
>
> https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-android-sdk/blob/master/fh-android-sdk/src/main/java/com/feedhenry/sdk/FH.java#L192-L194
> - for Andrdoid:
>
> https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-ios-sdk/blob/master/fh-ios-sdk/FH.m#L203-L205
>
> My question is:
> What is the use case for this behaviour?
> If you do you call with imbricated callback as the initial init failed,
> even though the init is retried with a null callback, the app has no mean
> to know the FH.init has succeed and the app is ready.
>
> If you use this feature, feedback is welcome.
>
> ++
> Corinne.

Wei Li
Red Hat email address: wei.li at redhat.com