[feedhenry-dev] Using mailing list as main source of new functionalities

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Mon Nov 21 16:18:36 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone

We want to keep our backlog consistent and clean from ideas that may not be
addressed in near future. To provide some collaboration space we created
new trello board.
Why duplication over jira? This matches some agile approach: "When backlog
has some tickets that would not be part of roadmap for the next 6 months
then they should be removed from backlog :] ".

I would like to ask all interesting parties about opinion on using Trello
vs Mailing List

Why we created trello and decided to not use mailing list (IMHO)

*Positive parts:*

- Simplicity
- Defaulting to one source (email)
- Easy to contribute - just sent email.

*Negative parts:*

- No overview and visibility for our roadmap - just bunch of emails.
- No way to retrieve emails before signed to group
- No way to stage and label issues for customers and better visibility
- Mixed content - feature request can be mixed with other non related email
threads like this one.
- Interface from the last century:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/feedhenry-dev/2016-November/msg00000.html

Regards