[feedhenry-dev] Using mailing list as main source of new functionalities

Leigh Griffin lgriffin at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 09:50:45 UTC 2016

I think Portfolios fit this perfectly as they can allow you create
Initiatives which can have multiple Epics wrapped around them. See this
link:
https://radiantminds.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GUIDE/Initiatives

Check out Portfolios in this video, good 18 minute overview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LexaHkZls3g

I'm not happy with the performance of Portfolios on the last version of
JIRA, it was grinding to a halt. A large part of that was the volume of
tickets we had not just on the RHMAP project but interconnected projects.
The performance issue was related to the huge number of release versions
that we carry across all projects and as a forward roadmapping tool it was
struggling.

However I'm happy to try it with DevX which is on a separate board and only
drawing from a subset of 2 projects and 3 epics.  I just created the
Portfolio for you now and performance looks to be decent. I added Wojciech
and Dave as people with write access (and John & Jason & I). I don't want
to open write access to a lot of people initially because this is *fully
integrated *into JIRA and you can push metadata to tickets. So don't sync
anything unless you know what you are doing. Watch the video, reach out to
me and I can jump on a quick call with you and lets see how it goes.

https://issues.jboss.org/secure/PortfolioPlanView.jspa?id=18#backlog

Mobile Team have view permissions just to check it out.

Leigh.