[feedhenry-dev] Any idea of support file storage in Dyno

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 17:35:34 UTC 2016

Currently platform supports 4 types of storage engines ( correct me if I'm
wrong):

- Mongodb
- GridFS (mongo based)
- Cache (Redis)
- Temp local file storage (wiped on deploy)

All engines may be used to hold config, user data, session data
At the moment all files stored on local filesystem from node.js app would
be removed with the next deploy.
Even storing them outside application source folder would not help because
running container can be killed anytime without backup etc.

First idea I have in mind where DevExp team can help is to build *DataStore
service for RHMAP platform that would allow to load/store any file* without
worrying where is stored and how it's backed up by platform.
This would allow developers to spin up service within project. Stored data
would be available to all cloud apps and services.
DataStore service can use underlying GridFS storage with help of Redis as
cache. Another step would be to provide service client that would allow you
to interact with files using CRUD operations.
As we can imagine there may be so many usages for this storage so we
definitely do not want to provide something that would not be covered by
backups or would be forgotten when moving clusters.

WDYT?

Regards