[feedhenry-dev] Github organization personal thoughts

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Dec 4 13:14:27 UTC 2017

On Wed, Nov 29, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Wojciech Trocki <wtrocki at redhat.com> wrote:

> Feedhenry organization has ~200 repositories at the moment from different
> projects, templates and samples with MCP projects along with them. IMHO it
> will be easier to promote, organize and collaborate on the organization
> that will have only MCP related repositories like service templates.
> I might be missing a lots of details so feel free to kill this idea.
>
> In some of the cases we cannot avoid linking do other organizations (like
> digger), but I think it's nice to clean things up and split some
> initiatives in order to not confuse potential developers and users.
>
> It's essential to separate some initiatives and avoid people to get
> confused between old feedhenry projects and MCP. We doing great job by
> flagging this at the moment like here: https://github.com/feedhenry/
> fh-sync-server , but separate organization will be even cleaner approach
> where we can collect documentation, website and all the resources we need.
>
> It will be easier to do it now with some limited number of MCP
> repositories and developers working on it.
>
> WDYT?

I do agree that the feedhenry org could use some TLC.

I like have as few organizations as possible with coarsely collected
repositories inside of them.  For now it is probably a good idea to "pin"
important repositories on the organizations and make sure the README's in
those repos link to the important projects.  This will also give us time to
make a task out of updating README's to point to 5.x or 3/4.x projects.
>From there we have a retrospective from whoever does that work and make a
backlog for a better structure overall.