[feedhenry-dev] AWS AppSync (Data Sync built aroundGraphQL)

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Sat Dec 23 15:30:39 UTC 2017

*Moving to mobile-dev to avoid spamming*

@Evan - Thank you so much for sharing this!
I reviewed AWS AppSync documentation to learn more about approaches they
use.
Graphql for transport and comprehensive sdks provide really good base for
sync services.
AppSync has many good patterns and solutions that we can learn from and
apply to our domain.

Google Firebase already has answer to AWS AppSync called Cloud Firestore
which is also in beta stage (with public access)
https://venturebeat.com/2017/10/03/googles-firebase-releases
-cloud-firestore-a-nosql-database-for-app-developers

Both services have common limitations - no open source code and possibility
to run server on your own.
Apart from AWS and Firebase we have many open source players without that
limitations:

- https://realm.io/blog/introducing-realm-mobile-platform
- https://deepstream.io
- https://telepat.io/platform.html
- https://www.apollographql.com
- https://www.graph.cool

I'm in process of comparing architectures (already seeing multiple common
elements).
This will allow us to get some overview of best patterns for building and
using API's, SDK's, transports (websockets etc.) used in industry.

[image: Inline image 1]

After 3 weeks I finally got approval from AWS for access to AWS AppSync
beta.
Beta is not open to the public so if you guys want to try this let me know.

Regards

--

WOJCIECH TROCKI

Red Hat Mobile <https://www.redhat.com/>