[feedhenry-dev] Weird behavior in fh-mbaas-express

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Wed Jan 11 15:26:52 UTC 2017

Hey guys,

While I was debugging this stack trace [
https://gist.github.com/secondsun/16088b4212394140b9053a448d7faf63] in
Raincatcher I came across this area of code :
https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-express/blob/master/lib/mbaas.js#L156

It looks like when request can't connect to a service, err.code is set to
0.  Since 0 isn't a valid status code the library will crash the
application instead of properly returning an error to the application.

I tried doing a check for (err.code === 0) and setting values differently,
but this block doesn't execute and the error persists.

What should the correct way to handle this situation be?

Summers