[feedhenry-dev] Feedhenry Sync can be used now as fully independent solution

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Mon Jul 10 18:39:07 UTC 2017

Hi everyone

I'm delighted to announce that FeedHenry sync is now available as separate
project.
Entire migration process was executed and managed entirely by FeedHenry
 community.

*What was done:*

Both the Sync Server and JavaScript client have been de-coupled from the
RHMAP platform - these libraries can now be used outside of RHMAP for any
project that requires sync.

Cloud library:
https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-sync
<https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-sync/issues>

JavaScript client:
https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-sync-js

*Decoupling enabled us to execute various experiments*

- React native support  <https://github.com/emilioicai/react-native-fh-sync>

- Extended TypeScript support in Raincatcher
<https://github.com/feedhenry-raincatcher/raincatcher-core/tree/master/cloud/datasync>

- Use different storage solutions for clients (sqllite etc.)

- Applying security and roles to sync based api.

I would like to thank everyone involved in work, verification and PR
reviews.

Migration was done using GitHub issues rather than Jira.
Thanks to that we immediately got feedback from developers outside our
group and in my personal opinion this improved a lot overall community
interaction.

*What's next:*

- Improvements for community documentation and getting started experience
Looking for volunteers.

- Blogging and more community awareness
Blog post and wider community actions coming soon.

- Extract code from Android and IOS SDK
In progress by myself, but looking for volunteers

- Updates to feedhenry.org
On hold - planed by devexp team

I think we may also need to figure out more "catchy" name and logo for
sync.

Regards

WOJCIECH TROCKI

Senior SOFTWARE ENGINEER