[feedhenry-dev] [Discussion] Keycloak + Mobile + SDKs kickoff

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Jul 31 12:39:00 UTC 2017

All,

I promised last week an email thread to kickoff the OAuth 2 feature
discussion and here it is!  There are a lot of features that we can
implement and use cases to support so this would be a good chance to get
input from everyone to see what we want to include in the final feature.

First, we have some givens that I think we have buy in for.

* KeyCloak on OpenShift will power our 5.x mobile auth features.
* The existing mBaas APIs will be need an update to support the new auth
service
* New client libraries will be provided (either an existing project will be
adopted or greenfield)
* fh-$platform-sdk will be updated to support new client libraries to
connect with KeyCloak
* The Oauth part of the solution should new require an embedded WebView (1)

Second, we have some ideas for features that are probably useful, but we
need discussion and buy in

* IDE and developer tooling support (Ask me to demo Firebase's auth tooling
integration)
* Native platform integration (IE system level account pickers instead of
web browser redirects)
* PoC integration with the Mobile Control panel David and Craig are working
on
* Support and integrations for WebSockets and fh-sync
* Pluggability with other auth systems

Finally, this email and thought has been from the client side perspective
AND the perspective of the 5.x project.  We still have 3.x and 4.x, server
side integrations, and ops concerns as well.  Feel free to add your
thoughts here.

Summers

1: Google is actively blocking webviews for its OAuth flows.