[feedhenry-dev] RFC: Release process for the Ansible Playbook Bundles (APBs)

Matthias Wessendorf mwessend at redhat.com
Wed Oct 25 09:48:43 UTC 2017

> For automation, we could use a little script like:
>
> ```bash
> version="0.0.7-rc"
>
> latest_commit="$(git rev-parse HEAD)" | git tag -a ${version}
> ${latest_commit=} -m "signing tag" && git push origin ${version}
> ```

One more thought/comment. The "origin" does not ultimately fly - since
folks could have renamed it to upstream etc. So, IMO that should be also a
variable.

More advanced tools, like the awesome maven-release-plugin, leverages that
information from some SCM metadata in the pom.xml file:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/pom.xml#L35-L40

But that's perhaps a bit of overhead here ;-)   So my initial vote would be
make the name of the origin also configurable

Thoughts ?
-M

--
Project lead AeroGear.org