[feedhenry-dev] Mobile Control Panel Demo

Aiden Keating akeating at redhat.com
Fri Sep 15 09:42:51 UTC 2017

Hey everyone,

We've recorded a demo about the work we've been doing recently on the
Mobile Control Panel (MCP). The main focus of the demo is service
integrations, namely integrating keycloak with a sync server in order to
protect the server. Along with this we also show how to integrate an app
with an external service. You can view the demo here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vekxyn4_-xY&feature=youtu.be

A few afterthoughts.

Both the server [1] and client [2] that were used in the demo will pick up
on changes in available services.

For example, when Keycloak is integrated with the sync server a file is
created on the server by the MCP. The server checks whether this file
exists and will configure Keycloak based on the files contents. If the file
does not exist the server will not use Keycloak. This is why the server
code did not need to be changed when the Keycloak integration was made.
Same with the client.

There's also a bit more to the integrations screen than we can see in the
video. Once an integration is made, for example integrating sync with
keycloak, the Mobile Integrations tab for sync will update to tell us how
to integrate sync and keycloak together.

I've included screenshots to show how this tab looks for the sync server
before the Keycloak integration [3] and after [4]. The code snippets in
this tab will soon be updated to reflect a real example.

[1] https://github.com/aidenkeating/cordova-sync-app
[2] https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-sync-server
[3] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4ybL3AxKNXxc3JveVNvRk1fZWc
[4] https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4ybL3AxKNXxVlVOVzlOdERfcFk