[feedhenry-dev] Priority & Ordering of some stories for upcoming sprint

David Martin davmarti at redhat.com
Tue Jan 16 11:53:28 UTC 2018

I've added an event to the shared calendar for tomorrow (12:30 UTC).
I've included some names on it, but anyone is welcome to join.

Keycloak Metrics & Grafana Knowledge Sharing & Discussion

Aiden will share what was done for keycloak metrics for the poc, and his
thoughts on where it could be taken.
After that, we can discuss what we should do to deliver the 2 trello stories

Related mail thread:
* http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2018-January/013275.html

Trello stories that will drive the discussion:
* As a DevOps Engineer I want to be able to visualise data provided by the
other services on an overview / dashboard screen [met]
https://trello.com/c/SQsfFS34/4-as-a-devops-engineer-i-want-to-be-able-to-visualise-data-provided-by-the-other-services-on-an-overview-dashboard-screen-met
* As a developer I want to be able to expose metrics data about Identity
Management in prometheus format from an endpoint of the service [idm]
https://trello.com/c/NgXh76Oi/6-as-a-developer-i-want-to-be-able-to-expose-metrics-data-about-identity-management-in-prometheus-format-from-an-endpoint-of-the-s

Jira with previous work:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-1776

On 16 January 2018 at 10:10, Aiden Keating <akeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> To give some context on what has already been done. This spike contains a
> bunch of information about the work already done on the Keycloak metrics
> story.
>
> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-1776
>
> Thanks,
> Aiden
>
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 9:34 AM, David Martin <davmarti at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Sharing some thoughts on priority and ordering to help with the focus of
>> the upcoming sprint.
>>
>> Before we can do this:
>> As a DevOps Engineer I want to be able to visualise data provided by the
>> other services on an overview / dashboard screen [met]
>> https://trello.com/c/SQsfFS34/4-as-a-devops-engineer-i-want-
>> to-be-able-to-visualise-data-provided-by-the-other-services-
>> on-an-overview-dashboard-screen-met
>>
>> I think we need to do this:
>> As a developer I want to be able to expose metrics data about Identity
>> Management in prometheus format from an endpoint of the service [idm]
>> https://trello.com/c/NgXh76Oi/6-as-a-developer-i-want-to-be-
>> able-to-expose-metrics-data-about-identity-management-in-pro
>> metheus-format-from-an-endpoint-of-the-s
>>

>> It would help a lot to have an example to focus on and build out first,
>> which would also give us a great reference for future visualization
>> integrations.
>>
>> There is a working example already with keycloak and grafana, but they
>> were for the proof of concept. Doing these stories should be focusing on
>> something more complete, documented, well tested and maintainable.
>>
>> Thoughts anyone?
>>

>> --
>> David Martin
>> Red Hat Mobile