[Feedhenry-raincatcher] What is the plan for verifying modularity

Paolo Haji phaji at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 19:12:17 UTC 2017

We've actually started adding unit tests for some of the modules just
recently, but most of course access the underlying interfaces directly.

However if we start building a set of black-box ones that access the
functionality only through a mediator we could end up with essentially a
spec of what a user-replacement version should provide, in addition to
serving as documentation of the usage of the topics provided by the model.

Eventually mediator topics could also have some sort of schema validation
of the data, if that also helps. There are lots of limitations on what we
can do with a library to supply something that would ideally be a language
feature (c.f. angular dependency injection being so awkward as well).