[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Raincatcher feedback from a newbie

Tom Jackman tjackman at redhat.com
Thu Jan 26 14:35:24 UTC 2017

Hi Summers,

I definitely feel we need a lot of work done in the docs side of things
alright. We should be aiming to have each module's README to be like any
cordova plugins readme file.

It would probably be a good idea to have the same README template for each
module too so people know where to look for information no matter what
module's repo they are on. Some headings could be:

   - Overview of Module
   - Module Type (Client/ Client & Cloud etc)
   - API
   - Code Examples for each Function
   - Integrating into a larger solution
   - Upgrade Notes
   - etc etc

Similarly to the RHMAP help documentation, I think we missed a trick by not
having a section on what the different functions inside of the Raincatcher
sample solution actually are in the actual docs for developers. It jumps
straight into the nitty gritty, without pointing out the basics of what it
actually does. [1]

[1] https://github.com/feedhenry-raincatcher/raincatcher-documentation

--

[image: Red Hat] <http://www.redhat.com/>

Tom Jackman / Associate Software Engineer
tjackman at redhat.com / 0894751360

*Slack* - @tjackman #rhmap #rhmap-rmad

Red Hat
Waterford, Ireland.