[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Raincatcher & Sync Horizontal Scaling Sprint Report

David Martin davmarti at redhat.com
Fri Mar 10 14:57:47 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Here's an update on changes to the $fh.sync API to support horizontal
scaling, and load testing around Sync & Raincatcher.
* fh-mbaas-api work for sync horizontal scaling is in progress, but
functionally almost there. To see ongoing changes or to get an early try of
it, see [0]
* we're actively re-running load tests and comparing with the current sync
implementation, and plan to have something more formal to shout about soon
* Raincatcher load testing is oh so close to kicking off (getting some
pre-reqs lined up first). Raincatcher leverages the $fh.sync API heavily,
so there's a lot of crossover with the $fh.sync load testing we're doing.

For the next sprint the plan is to focus on:
* ironing out issues with the new sync changes
* adding a $fh.statsd integration to the new sync changes (so you can get
insights into sync load via the studio)
* re-running more sync load tests to better understand how a developer can
make scaling decisions
* getting some initial numbers from Raincatcher load testing

The sprint report in Jira is available at [1].
If you wish to know more, check out the sprint board [2], or reach out on
the mailing lists or IRC.

[0]
https://github.com/feedhenry/fh-mbaas-api/tree/FH-3123-sync-horizontal-scaling
[1]