[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Lerna-js based monorepo, lets try to migrate now before this dies again!

Paolo Haji phaji at redhat.com
Fri Mar 31 13:19:06 UTC 2017

Repository moved to https://github.com/feedhenry-raincatcher/
raincatcher-mono, basic travis build setup with Wojtek's help. You can see
the browserify-related error I mentioned in the build logs.

Another concern that cropped up by Ger is how we'd set up the deployment of
the separate apps to the studio template.
I think that is essentially the same problem of being able to deploy them
individually to a cluster from a working copy, which could be resolved by
the same approached as generally used for deploying gh-pages, setting up a
bare branch with only the relevant subtree and pushing it.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 8:21 AM, Wojciech Trocki <wtrocki at redhat.com> wrote:

> Thank you for contribution. Really good work - looking forward to use
> lerna.
> I think that the biggest challenge with monorepo is to agree on how we
> should support or possibly move out from our forking model.
> Another challenge I see is just a building PR's.

Sorry I didn't quite understand this sentence.

Having code in one place is good start, but we would also need to fully
> understand impact of that change to our customers that already forked
> repositories etc.

Do you know if they still pick up updates after forking through
rebasing/cherry picking? I believe some of our lower-level modules are
probably used as-is but others like raincatcher-user are really intended to
be forked.
I just questioning the current ability of them picking up our changes
currently since they're most likely riddled with conflicts on top of their
modifications as well.