[Feedhenry-raincatcher] Proposal deploying to Openshift

Wojciech Trocki wtrocki at redhat.com
Thu Oct 12 09:31:41 UTC 2017

Great initiative! This may help with performance and automation for
RainCatcher testing.

I think we need to have

- Redis and Mongo images
Community supported versions already available in feedhenry dockerhub)
- s2i build (node.js) for Portal and Server
- Documentation/Tutorial/blog how to run and execute everything together.
- Global template that will join all elements together

Good news is that everything we need is already available, so we can just
mix things together and document it.

IMHO running mobile application on OpenShift may be confusing
so we will need to provide instructions how to build it locally and point
to running OpenShift.

WDYT?

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Austin Cunningham <aucunnin at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> It is reasonable to assume that we need to be able to deploy RainCatcher
> to a hosting solution. I have opened this ticket on deploying RainCatcher
> to Openshift https://issues.jboss.org/browse/RAINCATCH-1338 any ideas or
> input welcome.
>
> Regards
> --
>
> Austin Cunningham
>
> Associate Software Engineer - Mobile
>
> Red Hat Mobile <https://www.redhat.com>
>
> Communications House, Cork Road, Waterford X91NY33
>
> Ireland
>
> aucunnin at redhat.com
> <https://red.ht/sig>

WOJCIECH TROCKI