[Feedhenry-raincatcher] [Community Functionality] Image storage

Paolo Haji phajidec at redhat.com
Thu Oct 12 21:39:50 UTC 2017

This sounds like a really solid proposal! Just a few comments to follow

On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:43 PM, Wojciech Trocki <wtrocki at redhat.com>
wrote:

> *Client side support*
>
> Client side (plain javascript) will contain queue implementation that will
> interact with the cordova network state plugin.
> Queue will hold references to local file and sync them when online.
> Client will interact with the cordova camera plugin.
> Client will be available as separate npm module that can be required by
> any step implementation.

I think that this client should be split in at least two,
one being the PhotoClient to handle the photo requests and interacting with
the cordova camera plugin,
and another the FileSyncClient that would handle the queue as described.

This way the FileSyncClient could be reused by other plugins to deal with
blob uploads

> *Server side support*
>
> New module that will expose file upload/download api.
>
> Proposed api endpoints
>
> *GET /api/files/{ID}* - retrieve specific file
> *POST /api/files* - create file

These endpoints could have no default, and just be mounted as
 expressRouter.use('/api/files/', new LocalFileSyncServer(configObject));

Just my 2 cents, the structure seems overall really solid.
--

PAOLO HAJI

SOFTWARE ENGINEER, RED HAT MOBILE APPLICATION PLATFORM

Red Hat Brasil <https://www.redhat.com/>

phaji at redhat.com
<https://red.ht/sig>
TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>